Volunteer registration for the 2018 Principal Charity Classic®, presented by Wells Fargo, is officially open at principalcharityclassic.com. The award-winning PGA TOUR Champions event returns June 5-10 at Wakonda Club in Des Moines.
Since 2007, the Principal Charity Classic has donated approximately $13.5 million to support Iowa kids – including a record $3,581,427 in 2017. That level of giving wouldn’t be possible without the more than 1,200 volunteers who help bring the Principal Charity Classic to life each year.
“There are many different volunteer opportunities at the Principal Charity Classic, with something for everyone,” said Jenny Fields, Volunteer Manager for the Principal Charity Classic. “We also like to reassure people that golf expertise is not required, just helping hands and a big smile. Our goal is for every volunteer to have a fun and memorable experience while giving back to the community.”
Volunteer assignments range from on-course marshals, standard bearers and TV spotters to merchandise volunteers, shuttle drivers, Pro-Am operations and more. A full list of committees can be viewed at principalcharityclassic.com.
Committees are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, with placements announced in April.
How to register
Returning and new volunteers must complete online registration (click HERE to register). Volunteers are required to work a minimum of two (2) shifts, which range from 4-6 hours each, and to make an $85 donation in support of Iowa children’s charities when registering.
All 2018 volunteers will receive the following package, valued at approximately $350, in exchange for their generous donation to support the tournament’s charitable mission:
- Free admission for tournament week
- Five (5) Good-Any-One-Day tournament tickets to share with family, friends, etc.
- Meals on days of service
- An invitation to the annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- The official volunteer uniform (one golf polo, one rain-resistant golf jacket and a hat or visor)
- A one-time 25% off merchandise discount
- A preferred parking pass for tournament week
There are also a limited number of junior volunteer opportunities available for individuals age 13-17 during tournament week. Juniors interested in volunteering should use the code JUNIOR.
The Principal Charity Classic offers a variety of unique incentives to reward volunteers, including:
- Register by 5 to be entered to win an inside-the-ropes Honorary Observer experience.
- Register by March 5 to be entered to win an invitation to the 2018 Pairings Party.
- Register by April 2 to be entered to win a pair of VIP Champions Club tickets.
- Register by May 1 to be entered to win a merchandise prize package.
To learn more about these incentives and complete registration, visit principalcharityclassic.com/volunteer.