Blank Children’s Hospital was built by A.H. and Anna Blank and opened in 1944 in honor of their son, Raymond. Blank Children’s Hospital is a 96-bed facility that is committed to family-centered healing, caring, and teaching for children across Iowa. Each year, Blank Children’s touches the lives of more than 80,000 children across the state and helps children in all 99 counties in Iowa.
Funds from the Principal Charity Classic are used to support programs, services, and equipment needed to provide the best possible care for patients and families.
Fans, families, players, and caddies logged millions of steps to raise money for Iowa kids during the Blank Children’s Hospital “Steps For Charity Challenge” at the 2018 Principal Charity Classic. Blank also named one of the rooms in its new Pediatric Intensive Care Unit after the Principal Charity Classic thanks to the tournament’s support.