Tickets for the Principal Charity Classic are available online. Kids 15 and under receive FREE admission when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
Will Call will be located at the main admission gate. Will Call is a secure way to leave tickets for use by someone else. Photo ID will be required at Will Call to pick up tickets.
Spectator, Accessible and Volunteer Parking at Southridge Mall
1111 E. Army Post Road, Des Moines, IA 50315
Directions from I-235:
- From I-235 take exit 7A onto Martin Luther King Parkway and head southbound
- Martin Luther King Parkway turns into Fleur Drive
- Continue southbound on Fleur Drive
- Turn left onto East Army Post Road and head east
- Continue heading east on Army Post Road
- Turn right into Southridge Mall
Directions from Hwy 5:
- From Hwy 5 take exit 97 onto Fleur Drive/Airport Road
- Turn onto Fleur Drive heading northbound
- Turn right onto East Army Post Road heading east
- Continue heading east on Army Post Road
- Turn right into Southridge Mall
*The Principal Charity Classic Spectator, Accessible and Volunteer parking is complimentary and provided by Southridge Mall.
Accessible parking and shuttles available at Southridge Mall.
VIP Parking at the Iowa Center for Higher Education
2500 Fleur Drive, Des Moines, IA 50321
The Principal Charity Classic is teaming up with Uber to make getting to and from the tournament even easier.
Request a ride from your current location and get dropped off at the Uber Zone at Wakonda Club.
Plus, new users get $15 off their first ride with code PCC2017.
To request a ride:
- Open the Uber app for iOS or Android.
- Input your destination in the “Where To?” bar.
- Confirm your pickup location.
- Confirm your vehicle type (uberX or uberXL) and tap “Request.”
The Principal Charity Classic is a bike-friendly event, and has readily accessible bicycle parking conveniently located at the corner of Park Avenue and Southwest 14th Street.
Accessible parking is available at Southridge Mall. Take the accessible shuttle to the main entrance. View our Parking & Directions section for more information.
The 13th Green and 18th Green provide accessible viewing areas. Guests utilizing wheelchairs or scooters may follow cart paths to access viewing areas. Cart services are also available for those needing assistance. Carts make periodic loops from the main entrance to the 18th green and 16th green Fan Zone. If you need assistance, please contact a staff or volunteer marshal with a radio.
Accessibility Services are sponsored by Easter Seals Iowa.
Security & What To Bring
The Principal Charity Classic will ensure the safety of our spectators, players, volunteers and guests by taking various security measures.
The following items cannot be brought into the tournament:
- Noise producing electronic devices
- Cameras (except Wednesday and Thursday for personal photographic use only)
- Bags or backpacks larger than 8″W x 8″H x 8″D in its natural state
- Cases and/or covers (such as chair or umbrella covers)
- Signs, posters and/or banners
- Televisions and/or radios
- Food and/or beverage
- Containers and/or coolers
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Lawn and/or folding armchairs – compact chairs are permitted
- Bicycles on course
- Metal-spiked golf shoes
- Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms and knives)
Any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the PGA TOUR Champions and/or Tournament Security Personnel is their sole discretion. Parents with small children are allowed to bring strollers and diaper bags, if needed. These items are subject to reasonable inspection before entering and/or at any time during the tournament.
Mobile Device Policy
Below is a complete summary of the PGA TOUR Champions’ Mobile Device Policy. We ask all spectators to abide by this policy to protect play and ensure the best experience possible.
- Devices must be kept on silent at ALL times.
- Calls may be placed or answered only in designated “Cell Phone Zones.”
- Devices may NOT be used to capture audio/video of play at any time during official competition rounds (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).
- During pro-am rounds (Wednesday and Thursday), photography is permitted in all areas.
- During official competition rounds (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), photography is prohibited within any areas of competition (i.e. teeing grounds, tee shot landing areas and on/around putting greens) or when requested by tournament staff, security, players or player representatives. Photography in non-competition areas is permitted.
- Data use (e.g., texting, email, etc.) will be permitted outside of the designated “Cell Phone Zones” all week. Data use is NOT permitted when players are in position to compete (i.e., when QUIET PLEASE paddles are raised).
Autograph requests are permissible, but not during a player’s round. Autographed items are limited to one per spectator on both Wednesday and Thursday of tournament week.
Restrooms are available at the main entrance, driving range, and holes 10, 11, 14, 17 and 18.
Grandstand seating will be available in the following locations: No.1 tee box, 5th green, 14th green, 17th tee, 17th fairway and 18th green.
There will be numerous concession stands located throughout the golf course and serving a variety of items. No food and beverage can be brought into the tournament. Concessions will be available near the 10th, 13th, 14th, 16th and 18th greens.
The merchandise tent will be located near hole 14. Merchandise such as hats, polos, jackets, sweaters, t-shirts, golf balls and accessories bearing the Principal Charity Classic logo will be available. Acceptable forms of payment in the merchandise tents are: U.S. dollars, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA.
First Aid Stations
First Aid stations will be located near the 14th green and between the 9th tee box and driving range.
WEATHER WARNING AND SUSPENSION OF PLAY: If inclement weather is approaching, a “Weather Warning” notification will be posted on all electronic scoreboards on the course. When this message appears, spectators are advised to take immediate precaution by evacuating bleachers and hospitality tents. In the event of a “Severe Weather” warning and suspension of play, please proceed to the bus loading area to be returned to your car for safety. A suspension of play is preceded by an air horn signal. Suspension of play is a stoppage of play, not necessarily a cancellation of play for the day. Notification of continuation of play will be given in each parking lot.
In the event of a weather warning, please avoid:
- High places
- Isolated trees
- Golf carts
- Wire fences
- Open areas
If play is suspended, please close your umbrella and seek shelter immediately.
If it rains on any day of the tournament, play will continue as long as it is deemed safe to do so. All Corporate Hospitality will be open every day, rain or shine. The PGA TOUR Champions and tournament staff will always keep spectators informed at the earliest possible moment of any changes made on this policy based upon situational circumstances.
The 2017 Principal Charity Classic will be televised via same-day tape delay by the Golf Channel. All time below are CT and subject to change.
- Friday, June 9, 6-8 p.m. CT
- Saturday, June 10, 6-8 p.m. CT
- Sunday, June 11, 6-8 p.m. CT
Des Moines Register – Principal Charity Classic Special Section
Click here to view a PDF of the 2017 Principal Charity Classic special section that was featured in the June 4 statewide edition of the Des Moines Register. Lots of great content for fans attending the tournament!