Tickets for the Principal Charity Classic are available online.
Good-Any-One-Day tickets are just $20, and kids 15 and under receive FREE admission when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
Complimentary admission is also provided for all active duty, retired, reserve military personnel and their dependents.
Will Call will be located at the main admission gate. You may purchase tickets online and choose to pick them up here.
Additionally, Will Call is a secure way to leave tickets for use by someone else.
Please note that a Photo ID will be required to pick up any tickets at Will Call.
Parking is FREE at the Principal Charity Classic.
Complimentary parking is offered at Southridge Mall, with continuous shuttle services to and from Wakonda Club, for the following groups:
- All spectators, with accessible parking and accessible shuttle services included
- All tournament volunteers
Southridge Mall is located at 1111 E. Army Post Road, Des Moines, IA 50315.
Directions from I-235:
- From I-235 take exit 7A onto Martin Luther King Parkway and head southbound
- Martin Luther King Parkway turns into Fleur Drive
- Continue southbound on Fleur Drive
- Turn left onto East Army Post Road and head east
- Continue heading east on Army Post Road
- Turn right into Southridge Mall
Directions from Hwy 5:
- From Hwy 5 take exit 97 onto Fleur Drive/Airport Road
- Turn onto Fleur Drive heading northbound
- Turn right onto East Army Post Road heading east
- Continue heading east on Army Post Road
- Turn right into Southridge Mall
VIP parking will be located at Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company in 2018 (please note this is a change from previous years).
Atlantic Bottling Company is located at 3600 Army Post Road, Des Moines, 50321.
VIP parking is not available to the general public.
Please contact the Principal Charity Classic office at (515) 279-4653.
The Principal Charity Classic is teaming up with Uber to make getting to and from the tournament even easier.
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday of tournament week, request a ride from your current location and get dropped off at the Uber Zone at Wakonda Club, located in the parking lot of the Cash Saver Food Outlet, 4121 Fleur Drive.
Fans utilizing Uber should plan to enter/exit the tournament through Wakonda Club’s Watrous Avenue gate.
Be safe! Don’t cross mid-street. Please make sure to utilize the crosswalk at Fleur and Watrous when walking to and from the Uber Zone.
To request a ride:
- Open the Uber app for iOS or Android.
- Input your destination in the “Where To?” bar and enter “Principal Charity Classic“.
- Confirm your pickup location.
- Confirm your vehicle type (uberX or uberXL) and tap “Request.”
The Principal Charity Classic is a bike-friendly event, and has readily accessible bicycle parking conveniently located at the corner of Park Avenue and Southwest 14th Street.
Accessible parking is available at Southridge Mall. Take the accessible shuttle to the main entrance. View our Parking & Directions section for more information.
The 13th Green and 18th Green provide accessible viewing areas. Guests utilizing wheelchairs or scooters may follow cart paths to access viewing areas. Cart services are also available for those needing assistance. Carts make periodic loops from the main entrance to the 18th green and 16th green Fan Zone. If you need assistance, please contact a staff or volunteer marshal with a radio.
Accessibility Services are sponsored by Easterseals Iowa.
Security & What To Bring
The Principal Charity Classic will ensure the safety of our spectators, players, volunteers and guests by taking various security measures.
The following items cannot be brought into the tournament:
- Noise producing electronic device
- Bags or backpacks larger than 8″W x 8″H x 8″D in its natural state
- Cases and/or covers (such as chair or umbrella covers)
- Signs, posters and/or banners
- Televisions and/or radios
- Food and/or beverage
- Containers and/or coolers
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Full-size lawn and/or folding armchairs – compact chairs are permitted
- Bicycles on course
- Metal-spiked golf shoes
- Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms and knives)
Any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the PGA TOUR Champions and/or Tournament Security Personnel is their sole discretion. Parents with small children are allowed to bring strollers and diaper bags, if needed. These items are subject to reasonable inspection before entering and/or at any time during the tournament.
Mobile Device Policy
Below is a complete summary of the PGA TOUR Champions’ Mobile Device Policy. We ask all spectators to abide by this policy to protect play and ensure the best experience possible.
- Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
Autograph requests are permissible, but not during a player’s round.
Autographed items are limited to one per spectator during the Wednesday and Thursday Pro-Am rounds.
Restrooms are available at the main entrance, driving range, and holes 10, 11, 14, 17 and 18.
Grandstand seating will be available in the following locations: No.1 tee box, 5th green, 14th green, 17th tee, 17th fairway and 18th green.
There will be numerous concession stands located throughout the golf course and serving a variety of items. No food and beverage can be brought into the tournament. Concessions will be available near the 10th, 13th, 14th, 16th and 18th greens.
The merchandise tent will be located near hole 14. Merchandise such as hats, polos, jackets, sweaters, t-shirts, golf balls and accessories bearing the Principal Charity Classic logo will be available. Acceptable forms of payment in the merchandise tents are: U.S. dollars, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA.
First Aid Stations
First Aid stations will be located near the 14th green and between the 9th tee box and driving range.
WEATHER WARNING AND SUSPENSION OF PLAY: If inclement weather is approaching, a “Weather Warning” notification will be posted on all electronic scoreboards on the course. When this message appears, spectators are advised to take immediate precaution by evacuating bleachers and hospitality tents. In the event of a “Severe Weather” warning and suspension of play, please proceed to the bus loading area to be returned to your car for safety. A suspension of play is preceded by an air horn signal. Suspension of play is a stoppage of play, not necessarily a cancellation of play for the day. Notification of continuation of play will be given in each parking lot.
In the event of a weather warning, please avoid:
- High places
- Isolated trees
- Golf carts
- Wire fences
- Open areas
If play is suspended, please close your umbrella and seek shelter immediately.
If it rains on any day of the tournament, play will continue as long as it is deemed safe to do so. All Corporate Hospitality will be open every day, rain or shine. The PGA TOUR Champions and tournament staff will always keep spectators informed at the earliest possible moment of any changes made on this policy based upon situational circumstances.
The 2018 Principal Charity Classic was televised via same-day tape delay by the Golf Channel.
- Friday, June 8, 6-8 p.m. CT
- Saturday, June 9, 6-8 p.m. CT
- Sunday, June 10, 6-8 p.m. CT