Des Moines Register discount
SPECIAL OFFER: Subscribe to the Des Moines Register at half price! You’ll save 50% off for 6 months. Options include:
- Monday-Sunday delivery, $14.00/month for the first 6 months
- Thursday-Sunday delivery, $9.00/month for the first 6 months
- Sunday-only delivery, $7.00/month for the first 6 months
Click here to grab this great deal now.
Military Appreciation at the Principal Charity Classic (military tickets available Spring 2018)
– FREE admission for active duty, retired and reserve military personnel and their dependents with a valid ID card at the tournament entrance gate (Wednesday-Sunday).
– Complimentary access to the Patriots’ Outpost (Friday-Sunday), a complimentary hospitality venue for military with a prime view of the 18th green, as well as free snacks and drinks. The Patriots’ Outpost is sponsored by American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company and Casey’s General Stores.
To obtain your complimentary access pass for the Patriots’ Outpost, please complete the following steps:
- Register and verify your military service at vettix.org
- Click on the following link(s) that correspond with the day(s) you plan to attend the tournament:
- Friday, June 8
- Saturday, June 9
- Sunday, June 10
– Sunday will be recognized as Military Appreciation Day at the Principal Charity Classic, with a special ceremony to honor our military on the 18th Green during the trophy presentation.
Honoring first responders at the Principal Charity Classic
First responders receive complimentary tournament admission and skybox tickets on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (June 8-10) at the 2018 Principal Charity Classic.
The Principal Charity Classic, in partnership with Electronic Engineering, is proud to provide free skybox tickets to local emergency responders (law enforcement, fire, EMS) and their families as a measure of gratitude for their tireless work in our communities.
The first responders skybox on the 16th Green provides a great view of golf, and includes free food and drinks.
Skybox vouchers for first responders will be available in Spring 2018.
Selfie for Good
Give back simply by sharing a selfie at the Principal Charity Classic! Principal awarded five fans with $500 in charitable dollars each day of tournament week (Wednesday-Sunday) in 2017.
To participate, fans were asked to:
• Take a selfie at the Principal Charity Classic.
• Use the hashtag #PCC17 when posting their selfie to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
• Principal randomly selected five selfies per day and donated $500 to each winner’s favorite charity.
Stay tuned for 2018 details!
Steps for Charity Challenge
For good health, taking 10,000 steps per day is recommended…which is approximately the number of steps taken when walking 18 holes of golf!
Blank Children’s Hospital is asking for your help in getting kids of all ages moving through its “Steps for Charity Challenge” at the 2018 Principal Charity Classic.
During last year’s tournament, more than 30.2 MILLION steps were logged by players, caddies, spectators, volunteers and tournament staff over two days at the tournament.
As a result, Blank Children’s Hospital received $15,000 thanks to a combined donation from Premier Credit Union and the Principal Charity Classic, which each pledged to chip in if the steps goal was reached.
Learn more at the tournament gates and get ready to step it forward!
FREE Junior Golf Clinic
presented by Wells Fargo and The First Tee of Central Iowa
Junior golfers of all skill levels, age 7-18, are invited to attend and receive instruction from a PGA TOUR Champions golfer. The clinic will take place on the Wakonda Club driving range.
Parents will receive complimentary grounds passes, as well as parking passes with shuttle transportation to and from Wakonda Club on the day of the clinic.
Uber to the Principal Charity Classic
The Principal Charity Classic is teaming up with Uber to make getting to and from the tournament even easier.
Request a ride from your current location and get dropped off at the Uber Zone at Wakonda Club.
To request a ride:
- Open the Uber app for iOS or Android.
- Input your destination in the “Where To?” bar.
- Confirm your pickup location.
- Confirm your vehicle type (uberX or uberXL) and tap “Request.”
312 Party Deck – Birdie Beers
Enjoy $3 birdie beers each time a birdie is made by a PGA TOUR Champions pro on Hole 14! This $3 beer promotion will last for 30 minutes for each birdie.
The 312 Party Deck is open to the public.
Relax at the Hornitos Hacienda on golfer’s right of the 17th green in the heart of the MidAmerican Energy Green Canyon! Enjoy $3 off margaritas each time a birdie putt is made on Hole 17 and during Happy Hour from 3-4:30 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Hornitos Hacienda is open to the public.
Kum & Go Oasis Featuring the Fuzzy’s Lounge
Visit the Kum & Go Oasis and Fuzzy’s Lounge near the main entrance for great views and special Fuzzy Vodka drinks.