Invest in the future of Iowa kids by volunteering at the Principal Charity Classic!
Volunteer registration for the 2019 Principal Charity Classic®, presented by Wells Fargo, is now open at principalcharityclassic.com. Since 2007, the Principal Charity Classic has raised more than $17.7 million to help Iowa kids succeed – including a record $4,356,321 in 2018.
The award-winning PGA TOUR Champions event returns May 28-June 2 to historic Wakonda Club in Des Moines.
“More than 1,200 volunteers help bring the Principal Charity Classic to life ever year,” said Jenny Fields, Tournament Manager for the Principal Charity Classic. “They are truly the heart and hands of the tournament – we couldn’t do it without them.”
Golf knowledge isn’t required to volunteer; in fact, the tournament has a variety of opportunities for golfers and non-golfers alike.
Volunteer assignments range from on-course marshals, standard bearers and TV spotters to merchandise volunteers, shuttle drivers, Pro-Am operations and more. A full list of committees can be viewed at principalcharityclassic.com.
Committees are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, with placements announced in April.
How to register
Returning and new volunteers must complete online registration at principalcharityclassic.com. Volunteers are required to work a minimum of two (2) shifts, which range from 4-6 hours each, and to make an $89 donation in support of Iowa children’s charities when registering.
All 2019 volunteers will receive the following package, valued at approximately $400, in exchange for their generous donation to support the tournament’s charitable mission:
- Free admission for tournament week
- Five (5) gallery tournament tickets to share with friends and family
- Meals on days of service
- An invitation to the annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- The official volunteer uniform – two golf polos and a hat or visor shipped directly to your home
- A one-time 25% off merchandise discount
- A preferred parking pass for tournament week
There are also a limited number of junior volunteer opportunities available for individuals age 13-17 during tournament week. Juniors interested in volunteering should use the code JUNIOR when registering online.
The Principal Charity Classic offers a variety of unique registration incentives for volunteers, including:
- Register by Feb. 4 to be entered to win an inside-the-ropes Honorary Observer experience.
- Register by March 4 to be entered to win an invitation to the 2019 Tee Off Party at Wells Fargo Arena.
- Register by April 1 to be entered to win merchandise prize package.
To learn more about these incentives, visit principalcharityclassic.com/volunteer.